Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Running In The 'Hood And A Survey

First and quickly, I returned to Couch to 5K today and knocked out Week 7, Day 2. AND, I did it in my neighborhood. I think this is the first time I've run in a non-park outside of race days. It went well! It was dark, but my neighborhood (a fancy parking lot) is moderately lit, so it wasn't bad. The only hazards I ran into were low-hanging, bare branches and uneven concrete every once in a while. I did the 25-minute run pretty easily with only minimal leg pain. I definitely have a firm grasp on my breath control, though, which is crazy to me. I guess the cooler air is really helping. I almost let myself go another 5 minutes (which is two "Weeks" away in the C25K plan), but talked myself out of it.

STICK TO THE PLAN!

So, enough of that. Here's something a little fun ... a survey!

Oh, blog survey. Thank you for rearing your head and reminding me of my very early college years when me and my friends from high school would pass survey upon survey to each other through email. I actually really loved those things and miss cracking up at how funny my buddies were. They were always a very welcome distraction from silly school work.

Anyway, one of those high school buddies, Anne over at thefitbridesmaid, tagged me in this survey game. She gave me 8 questions to answer, then I create 8 more to pass along to 7 of my fellow bloggers. Like the old survey days, I promise to answer most questions indecisively. Here it goes!

  1. Salty or Sweet? Yes please!
  2. What is your favorite movie of all time? Psshhh ... ONE? Yeah right. Sixteen Candles, Ferris Bueller's Day Off, Mary Poppins, The Big Chill, Old School, Mean Girls, National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, Pride & Prejudice, Footloose, Dirty Dancing ... ohhh, I'm sure there's more!
  3. If you could go anywhere in the world (that you haven't already been), where would you go? I've never been anywhere, so, uh, everywhere? Either London or somewhere like Hawaii if I have to pick.
  4. What is your favorite physical or personality trait about yourself? Well, my legs are shaping up pretty nicely now that I'm running. Personality wise, I like that I can make fun of myself and of course my amazing sense of sarcasm.
  5. What is an ideal Saturday night for you? Couch? What? Oh, ideal Saturday nights ... a moderately chill evening with close friends. But I can dig an exciting night out every once in a while. =)
  6. What is your favorite color to wear? I'm learning to wear colors. I love a good black shirt and some jeans, but I have a few new favorites -- my red sweater and my green long sleeve shirt. Whee colors!
  7. Cats or dogs? You really need to ask, meow? Cats rule and dogs drool.
  8. Name a food/recipe that you recently discovered. Well, this isn't an exciting answer for me. Usually I'm full of ideas, but I have two things to share that both involve hamburger. Mmmm ... burgers. First, a shout out to my new favorite burger joint, Gilpin's Bagel and Deli on 7th Street in Downtown Cincy. Steamed ... cheeseburgers. HELLO! Delicious, goopy cheese. Mmm. Second is a "recipe" I've been using a lot. It's inspired by the Pioneer Woman's recipe for fried round steak. Super cheap, super easy, super bad for you, surely. I make it pretty similar to this recipe, but I have it with sauerkraut. Mmmm again!

So, that's it for Anne's questions. Now I have to make up my own and "tag" my fellow bloggers. I apologize.

I tag:

  • Tad
  • Mal-Pal
  • Ryan (aka Dafonz)
  • Gina H-McH
  • The Ritzmanns
  • Princess Erin
  • Jan with all the free time

Questions:

  1. Name an approaching event you're really looking forward to.
  2. What TV show is your favorite guilty pleasure?
  3. What are the first three radio presets in your car?
  4. What's the last thing you cooked from scratch?
  5. Describe your most embarrassing school yearbook picture.
  6. What book are you currently reading and what book can you recommend to your readers?
  7. What's your adult beverage of choice?
  8. What's your favorite sport activity to participate in? To watch?

There you go! Have fun!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, it totally reminded me of like freshman year of college! Thanks for answering my questions!

    ReplyDelete