Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Busy-ness And Bad Runs

Who's a bad blogger? I am!

Sorry for the delay. Turns out I actually had things to do for once. Shocker!

Let's see, since my last post, I've:
  • Tried and failed to complete Day 3 of Week 8 of Couch to 5K (non-stop 28-minute run)
  • Shopped for Thanksgiving groceries
  • Prepared cornbread stuffing and pumpkin spice whoopie pies for Thanksgiving
  • Celebrated Thanksgiving
  • Shopped for a Christmas tree, lights, and ornaments on Black Friday
  • Assembled and decorated my new Christmas tree
  • Hung lights on my balcony
  • Hung the first picture on my walls
  • Cleaned my apartment
  • Ran with Caitlin Friday afternoon (Week 8, Day 3 repeat, but didn't run nonstop)
  • Visited with old friends on Friday night
  • Went to my 10-year high school reunion
  • Ate breakfast at midnight-ish
  • Ran by myself on Sunday afternoon (started Week 9, but didn't run nonstop)
  • Cooked "homemade" (with a spice pack) Cincinnati chili
  • Had dinner with my mom
  • Went through the Holiday In Lights using my free pass from the 5K
  • Returned to work after a 4-day weekend
  • Watched Scrooged
  • Started a new book (The Help)
  • Started Season 1, Disc 3 of Big Bang Theory
Whew! So, as you can see, while my schedule prevented me from blogging, I still ran. They weren't great runs, but they were runs. In fact, I'd call one run a bad run, one a blah run, and the other an okay run. Haven't exactly had a victory in a while, now that I think of it. Though, this seems to be a common theme among my running friends--at least those who are relatively on pace with me. My guess is that the dark and cold is affecting me more than I want to admit. What about you guys? Do any of you seasoned veterans have any tips on staying in the game through the winter, even if it's something simple?

I need a success, though. I really do. I mean, I'm far from throwing in the towel for the season, but I'd like to finish with a feeling of accomplishment. It's been too long. I plan on getting out tomorrow after work and knocking out my first 30-minute nonstop run. Ugh, unless there's ice. I don't know how to deal with that yet. Again, suggestions?

Thanks for hanging with me through the boring posts. I'll get something exciting up here soon.

Oh, would anyone like to write something? Anything? The floor is yours! (As soon as I figure out how to set it all up, that is.)

Email me! moretoloverunning@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment