Thursday, November 4, 2010

Bridge To 10K: Getting Ready To Jump

Guess who just dowloaded the Bridge to 10K app. Yeaaahhh ... me.

I'm not technically finished with Couch to 5K yet, but I only have to add 5 minutes to my run and I'll be ready to roll.

So, what is Bridge to 10K? It's the next step in the Couch to ___ program. Instead of taking you from a stagnant couch potato state to running form, it assumes you've finished C25K and picks up where you left off.

That means Week 1, Day 1 of B210K is no walk in the park. It goes like this:

Warm up 5 minutes, run 10 minutes, walk 1 minute, repeat 4 times, cool down 5 minutes.

That's 53 minutes for those of you who are counting. Up from an average of 30 minutes on C25K.

Well, if you can't tell by now, I'm really starting to panic about the Thanksgiving Day 10K coming up. 6.2 miles. That's a long way. That's longer than I've ever gone. Do you think one of the 34,000+ participants would carry me to the finish line if I didn't make it? Hmmm ...

Most importantly, I need to decide if I can justify buying the race tshirt. It is, by the way, the only reason I do these runs. And fess up, it's the only reason anyone does these things. Hello, trophy!

1 comment:

  1. I didn't realize that there was a follow up to C25K.

    ReplyDelete