Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Dancing (Running) In The Dark

I'm starting to get really worried about the end of Daylight Saving Time. I mean, really, why does it have to end anyway? If it saves energy to extend DST a few weeks like they did recently, why not extend it all the way through the winter?

Why am I suddenly so concerned about the time change? Well, because it's going to take a serious toll on my running. Or at least I'm really afraid it will.

My motivation to stay active already hangs precariously by a thin thread. Add to that a dark sky and cold weather, and it will be quite difficult to NOT put on the PJs and curl up on the couch.

Run? Psssh! How about sit? Yeah, sounds good.

Here's another challenge with the early nighttime: I get the winter blues really easily and last year I found great success in exercising at my lame gym through those tough winter months. Running could be a great way to repeat that success. But can I keep it up and fight my natural insticts to hibernate my way through the cold months? Can I make myself run in the dark or hop on the boring treadmill? Can I win in a battle of wits with my couch/PJs/blanket?

I think the time has come for me to ask for help. I need it. All of you. Don't let me slack. Ask me how runnig is going. Pass along your tips and tricks. Hold me up, Buttercups! I want to channel Bruce and keep dancing in the dark. And I can't do it without you.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment