Saturday, November 13, 2010

New Week, New Computer

The day is finally here, my friends! I got a new computer! No more excusing myself from keeping this here blog updated because of a wonky machine.

Plus, it has a friggin' webcam. I mean, really? I have a webcam? You mean I can do crap like this?


Scary Beckey bubbles.

Sad-eyed, fat-lipped Beckey.


Really easily distracted Beckey.


Shrunken head Beckey (my favorite).


New evil character for Super Mario Brothers Beckey.


I'm-wearing-a-watermelon-hat Beckey.


Confused Beckey.


I'm-sweaty-because-I-just-finished-Day-1-Week-8 Beckey.


Excellent segue, Beckey!

So yes, I just did my first Day of Week 8--a 28-minute run (up from 25 minutes last week). This one was difficult, folks! I'm not entirely sure why it felt so much harder than what I've been doing this week while running through my neighborhood, but it did. My theory is that the quick twists and turns of the neighborhood help keep these longer runs from getting boring. Otto Armleder did not have that feature this afternoon. Also, I ran the second half of my workout against a pretty stiff wind . I could actually tell that my body was working harder to move forward. Not fun.

So, that means I only have 5 Days left in the Couch to 5K program! I can't decide if I'll linger on the 25- or 28-minute runs for a little longer than is required. I have a feeling I won't, simply because I'm anxious to cross the C25K finish line.

Let me interject here and say, if you had asked me back in February/March if I thought I'd finish this program, I would have laughed in your face. Today, I'm just going to try on my graduation cap and rehearse my proud/happy/tears-of-joy face.


Later gators!

1 comment: