Sunday, May 2, 2010

Pigging Out

Happy Pig Day, Cincinnatians!

For those of you that aren't familiar, Cincinnati hosts a Boston Marathon qualifier race called the Cincinnati Flying Pig Marathon. This town is very proud of its race, and I'm very proud of my friends who participated in some way, shape, or form this weekend.

No, I didn't run any portion of the Pig today, but I'm ever envious of those who did. In fact, I didn't run at all this weekend, and I don't plan on it. I'm so over being busy and not having time to just sit and chill, so I took the weekend to do just that, as well as hang out with two of my friends.

So, as a tribute to my slacker-tude and my uber-fit friends, I'd like to give them a chance to pipe in about their experience with the race. Do you have a picture of yourself participating in the Pig? If so, send it to me at moretoloverunning@gmail.com and I'll post it next time. I'll also invite you all to tell your story if you like. I want the world (my 8 followers and handful of readers) to see you in your sweaty, exhausted glory.

2 comments:

  1. It was very wet! My shoes were squishing by mile 3, but the rain let up after a little bit (only to start again at end). I thought it was a great experience! It is amazing what your body is capable of- and there were lots of great volunteers and bystanders out there braving the rain to cheer people on. At the end, there are so many people cheering, it makes you feel a little bit famous!

    ReplyDelete