Monday, May 10, 2010

Keeping It Short

Let's see if I am actually capable of a short post. My money is on no.

I ran today. It was fun. The weather was nice and I felt good. Heck, for a hot minute I even thought that I might try to bump up to Week 3, just for giggles. I even got as far as to look at what Week 3 involved ... and that's when I decided against it.

HOLY COW! What a huge jump in workout intervals! Week 2 is run 90 seconds, walk 2 minutes. Week 3 reads as follows

5-minute warmup, then do this twice: job 90 seconds, walk 90 seconds, job 3 minutes, walk 3 minutes

Uhhh ... a minute-and-a-half to THREE MINUTES?! That's a bit ridic, no? I might ask my friend Jeff (Jeff, pay attention) to make me a timed music mix with his amazing music editing skills. I'm thinking of doing a 2-minute run followed by a 90-second walk -- that'll help me bridge to Week 2, right? So yeah, Jeff, if you're feeling adventerous, have at it. No musicals please. =)

Well, I did run Week 2 today and did smashingly, again. Finished with 3:10 on the clock and walked a little more of the track. I now have a new finishing goal: get to the next entrance before Mr. C25K says, "Workout complete."

Okay, that's all! I'll try to run Thursday. I'm traveling for work Tuesday and Wednesday, but if I get back in time on Wednesday, I may try it then. But, eh. We'll see. The good news is I still miss getting to workout if I have to skip it. That's all that matters at this point.

Do you workout while traveling? I know a lot of people do, but I think that requires experience with a treadmill, which I don't have yet.

2 comments:

  1. Until you get around to asking your friend to make the timed music mix, there are several podcasts on itunes that have music and tell you when to switch pace. If you go into the itunes store and search "podcasts for running" there are some options available. Best of all, they're free! Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the best thing about running is you can take it anywhere! I just finished training and running a marathon while on tour, and I only set foot on a treadmill once. I also use free podcast yoga workouts, and Jillian Michael's 30 day shred that I downloaded in my hotel room from time to time.

    You're doing great - congrats!

    ReplyDelete