Tuesday, August 31, 2010

I've Got The Music In Me!

Laides and gentlemen, welcome to pre-written blog post #1. I'm getting my unreliable Internet replaced over the weekend so I'll be back to normal in no time.

Quick running update:
I haven't run since the last post but I'm going tonight. Three cheers for the last few hot days of the summer (if we're lucky)!

Now ... on to the MUSIC!

I’m really shocked I haven’t breached this topic yet on here. Music is pretty flipping important to me and I pride myself on my taste. But then again, who can’t say the same? I decided I needed to post this list on my run Saturday morning at Otto Amleder (which I blatantly misspelled in my last post) Park. I had just started my first 5-minute running when an unlikely hero saved the day. Now, have you ever noticed that your iPod plays the same songs over again, even if there are loads more in that playlist? This song has been on my playlist since I created it but I don’t think it has ever popped up. When it came on on Saturday I laughed and then reveled in its power. Yes, its power. Thank you Kid Rock and “Bawitdaba” for making that the easiest 5 minutes ever. Awesome.

Read it, love it, tell me about yours. In my experience, often your favorite every day music isn’t necessarily your favorite exercise music. Is that the case with you? I love running to hip hop and even some heavy rock, but even surprising songs like “Rhiannon” by Stevie Knicks can get me to keep running (it’s not exactly high-energy). Tell me about your music!

The following is my current “Running” playlist on my iPhone. It needs a few songs added to it and a few removed, but I’ve been fighting with iTunes lately and haven’t had the chance to fix it.

Ambling Alp – Yeasayer
Percussion Gun – White Rabbits
Trinity – Paper Tongues
Move Along – The All-American Rejects
Knock on Wood – Amy Steward
Lose My Breath – Beyonce ft. Destiny’s Child
Boom Boom Pow – Black Eyed Peas
Rock That Body – Black Eyed Peas
Imma Be – Black Eyed Peas
I Gotta Feeling – Black Eyed Peas
Hey Mama – Black Eyed Peas
Pump It – Black Eyed Peas
Living on a Prayer – Bon Jovi
Brave New Girl – Britney Spears
Gimme More – Britney Spears
Toxic – Britney Spears
Stronger – Britney Spears
Bad Moon Rising – CCR
Fortunate Son – CCR
Balla Baby – Chingy
Forever – Chris Brown
Run It – Chris Brown
Ain’t No Other Man – Christina Aguilera
All She Wants to Do Is Dance – Don Henley
The entire Folie A Deux CD – Fall Out Boy
Dance Dance – Fall Out Boy
Because We Can – Fatboy Slim
London Bridge – Fergie
Rhiannon – Fleetwood Mac
Low – Flow Rida ft. T-Pain
Radar Love – Golden Earring
Now That We Found Love – Heavy D and the Boys
Too Fake – Hockey
What You Need – INXS
Devil Inside – INXS
New Sensation – INXS
Canned Heat – Jamiroquai
Nasty Boys – Janet Jackson (“Miss Janet, if ya nasty”)
Rhythm Nation – Janet Jackson
All For You – Janet Jackson
Don’t Stop Believing – Journey
Stronger – Kanye West
Flashing Lights – Kanye West
Love Lockdown – Kanye West
Spiralling – Keane
Bawitdaba – Kid Rock
Cowboy – Kid Rock
Poker Face – Lady GaGa
Just Dance – Lady GaGa
Got Money – Lil Wayne ft. T-Pain
Ray Of Light – Madonna
Vogue – Madonna
Supermassive Black Hole – Muse
Closer – Ne-Yo
Step By Step – NKOTB
You Got It (The Right Stuff) – NKOTB
Hangin’ Tough – NKOTB
Just A Girl – No Doubt
Here It Goes Again – OK Go
Ghetto Music – OutKast
1999 – Prince
I Would Die 4 U – Prince & the Revolution
When I Grow Up – The Pussycat Dolls
15 Step – Radiohead
Under the Bridge – Red Hot Chili Peppers
Give It Away – Red Hot Chili Peppers
Californication - Red Hot Chili Peppers
Scar Tissue - Red Hot Chili Peppers
Suck My Kiss Red Hot Chili Peppers
Higher Ground Red Hot Chili Peppers
Hump de Bump - Red Hot Chili Peppers
Push It – Salt N Pepa
Swing – Savage ft. Soulja Boy
The Thong Song – Sisqo
Drop it Like it’s Hot – Snoop Dogg
Edge of Seventeen – Stevie Knicks
Semi Charmed Life – Third Eye Blind
The Way I Are – Timbaland


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment