Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Too Hot To Handle?

I’m going to save the shoe/feet post I promised you for tomorrow. It’s already written, but I don’t want to bog you down with another HUGE post. So I've split them in two, and now’s your chance to go watch those videos I posted last time.

About today: I thought I'd let you know that I didn't run this evening. And, just to set the record straight, I have every intention of doing so until about 3 p.m. when I got an email from my mother, encouraging me to reconsider my evening plans. She even offered to sit and watch me run, just to make sure I didn't pass out or something. Apparently it's hot outside--heat advisory hot--and running isn't on the list of recommended activities along with drink lots of ice water, sit in front of a fan, and watch television.

I had no clue how hot it was until I left work at 5 p.m. This isn't shocking considering that the closest I got to outdoors today was walking through my building's skywalk over Vine (it's fully enclosed and air conditioned, but it has windows, which is more than I can say for my entire department). I balked at the stay-cool logic, though. I wanted to run! My legs had been itching to move all day and I was ready to work out the small hamstring strain from my lower body workout this morning (thanks Jackie Warner, I thought we were friends). I even polled my panel of running experts on Facebook, thinking surely they'd say, "Go ahead! Just stay hydrated!" Psh! Let's just say I'm disappointed in my expert panel--wimps. Heat schmeat.

So here I sit with a glass of ice water, under a ceiling fan, in front of the television (as recommended by the heat advisory experts), writing about not running. Riveting, no?

Well wait … I do have one exciting piece of news. I got new headphones today! And they were only $10. And pink. AND they sound better than my old ones. Whee! I can avoid the sounds of silence again!

Check back tomorrow for the OMG Shoes post! And watch the videos!

No comments:

Post a Comment