Monday, August 2, 2010

The Sounds Of Silence

... And highway traffic, and heavy breathing, and pounding feet ...

Okay, so maybe my run tonight sans headphones wasn't all that quiet. Oh well, it's a pretty song anyway, so go ahead and listen to it while you read:



First, sorry for the lame post this morning. For some reason I felt desperate to post to make up for my lack of updates last week. I read it again today and realized I didn't say much. I was trying to update you on my morning workouts so far, and so far, so good. I've done two of the Jackie Warner programs, and they're not bad. They're only about 20 minutes long, though, which is weird after having done hour workouts every morning. She leads you through each exercise once for one minute instead of three times for x-seconds (as in boot camp). And, dude, a minute is a long time. I'm definitely working muscles. I did the core workout this morning and upper body on Friday. I don't seem to have a problem getting up, either. At least yet. We'll see how that goes. OH, and I can do modified push ups so much easier than when I started ABC, so YAY for that!

Well, I'm committed to her now. I downgraded my cable and will no longer have access to Exercise On-demand, so I ordered the DVD today.

Okay, back to the running. I ran today, despite all the excuses I had not to. It's hot. It's humid. I'm tired. My headphones broke during my last run. My legs aren't back in running shape yet. I just went to the grocery store after work and want to spend the evening on the couch. But, it's the coolest evening of the year, it's supposed to rain tomorrow, I did my workout this morning, if I run at TQL I don't need to be so conscious of my heavy breathing (less people) ... there were excuses the other way too. So I went.

And it was hot, and humid, and my legs hurt, but it wasn't crowded, and now I don't have to go tomorrow. Running without the headphones wasn't as bad as I expected. I think the short runs before boot camp last month helped me get used to it. And, I might be getting better at controlling/recovering my breathing. That comes with endurance, right?

So, ladies and gentlemen, I have homework for you before reading my next post. I'll be writing about shoes. Shoes are the bane of my existence because of my obnoxiously abnormal feet. These videos, which focus on shoes, help me at least laugh about the topic.

Disclaimer: They include a few F-bombs and B-words, are NOT suitable for work (unless you have headphones ... no nudity or anything), and probably aren't a good idea for children. Also, I'm aware that many people don't even find them funny, but I also know that many of you do. They're ridiculous, so just laugh!

I give you, [drumroll], Kelly and "OMG Shoes."



And Britney versus Kelly, "Gimme Shoes."



Hehehehhehehe! I've MISSED these! Whaddaya say, BUR girls?

No comments:

Post a Comment