Friday, September 3, 2010

The Weight On My Shoulders ... And Thighs, Stomach, Etc.

Pre-written blog post #2! Except for this paragraph (wrote it last night). I TOTALLY completed Day 1 of Week 5 last night. WEEEEEEK FIIIIIIVE! Yay! The jump from Week 4 to Week 5 was surprisingly gentle. Though it did take me just as long to complete it as the other weeks, which I don’t understand. Anyway, here are the intervals for Week 5 of C25K: 5-minute warm up, then alternate 5 minute jogs and 3 minute walks for 20 minutes total; cool down. Yay again! I might live on this week for a while, because Week 6 involves an 8 minute run. Uh, no thanks.

On to my weight discussion …

The largest number I remember seeing on the scale happened before I started at the gym in March 2009. I’m not sure how long before, but it couldn’t have made too much of a difference. The only thing that we need to consider here is that I used the scale while it was sitting on carpet instead of a hard, flat surface. It could have been skewed. In fact, it probably was. The scale at the gym when I first started registered me a little lower than the scale at home at that time, and for the next year of my membership. I’ll go ahead and use that number anyway, regardless of its accuracy. Besides, how do we know if scales are accurate? They all say something different and claim to be accurate.

Anyway, as I mentioned briefly in previous posts, I thought of a way to share my weight loss success without actually sharing my weight. Yes, I could have just posted “lost X pounds” or “gained Y pounds,” but I find it much more telling to have actual numbers. You may notice the below numbers are HUGE. That’s because I’ve added a huge number to my actual weight to disguise it. I think someday I’ll be able to share my real numbers, but not now. I just can’t do it. You can guess all you want, just don’t guess to my face; in doing so, you’ll either make yourself look like an ass or make me feel gross, or both. Let’s just use the pretend numbers. Oh, I’ve also recorded the magic number I added onto my weights so I can use the same one from here on out. Yay consistency!

So, here’s a little bit of a timeline for you:

Time:
Weight (lbs): 559
Time: About 1.5 years ago; potentially inaccurate because of scale/carpet factor

Weight (lbs): 553
Time: My first weigh-in at the gym, March 2009

Weight (lbs): 549
Time: January-ish; made a big push at the gym to look good for a wedding

Weight (lbs): ???
Time: I didn’t record my weight when I started running March 2010 (same as January?)

Weight (lbs): 545
Time: Late June – Pre-boot-camp; had been running regularly for nearly 4 months.

Weight (lbs): 535
Time: Late July, immediately after boot camp; was dropping 1.5 pounds every 3 days

Weight (lbs): 524
Time: Now; weight loss slowed and nearly plateau-ed after boot camp

Weight (lbs): 519
Time: Post long run, dehydrated, going to collapse; goes up 10 pounds after drinking water – science is weird.

Total weight loss from the possibly inaccurate weight 1.5 years ago and excluding my post-run dehydrated weight: 35 pounds! Now that’s a real number, folks!

So, what’s my goal? Ugh, I hate setting goals. So, I’ll set it at what I think is my fantasy weight, though I think it’s unattainable. Let’s see, shall we? Can I reach it by 30?

Goal weight: 415 pounds. 104 more to go! Totally doable, right? Pssshhh …


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment