Monday, September 20, 2010

Vanity

Brace yourself--this blog's sole purpose is to show you how hot I am.

I'm a friggin' supermodel, people. Move over, Gabourey Sidibe! I have taken over the throne of the Blue Dress Queen!

Former Blue Dress Queen

Check ... me ... out!

Hate the shoes ... hate 'em. And who forgot to tell me to "hold it in"?


The true victory of this photo is the lack of side boob. Woot!


Me with the beautiful bride, Tara, and Mallory, my former co-workers.


Me and my plus-1, Adrienne, in the shark tunnel at the Newport Aquarium.


Okay, if you know anything about me, you know that I do not brag about photos of myself. Ever. I can find a million things wrong with each of these. In fact, I'm not a fan of the first one at all (I think most of the problems with the photo could have been fixed with better posture on my part. Ugh. And better shoes. And you can't see my legs, which actually look pretty good, when not topped with those heinous shoes.) Bah, anyway, as you can see, I pick and pick and pick.

But I'm going to look at these pictures from my friend Tara's wedding differently. I'm happy with them. I look at these--especially the headshot--and I'm happy with myself. I see a slimmer face, a more prominent neck, and slimmer arms than Gabourey Sidibe. I see the light of day coming through between my waist and my elbows. I see less side boob. I see the girls in their places and in a much trimmer fashion that before. I see that I don't look like as much of a giant next to Mal and the TINY Tara.

So, this working out thing works, it seems. I wish I was doing more than running and doing a DVD every week or two.

On that note, guess who is subjecting herself to boot camp again. No, I didn't re-up. I'm going to bring-a-friend day with my pal, Amy. I'm actually excited for a 5 a.m. jog on Wednesday. Woohoo!

Oh, and the running is going well. I ran with my running buddy, Caitlin, yesterday at Veterans. Caitlin "gave it hell" and I made my second attempt to lengthen my stride. Success for both of us! Granted, it was at a shorter running interval than Week 5 (somewhere between Week 2 and 3, actually), but it was good. I'll probably do the same tomorrow.

I'm doing the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure this Saturday. Hopefully I've gotten enough of a taste of the longer stride to impact my run Saturday. I just want to continue improving my times.

Okay, I'm afraid I'm not paying much attention to what I'm writing, so I'm going to leave it at that.

If you haven't run a 5K yet, what will it take to get you to do one? When will you be ready?

No comments:

Post a Comment