Monday, June 14, 2010

I Had Wings ... And Not The Kind For Soaring

Just a quick update tonight. Okay, at least I'll try to be quick. We all know how that goes.

I ran yesterday. I actually spent the day being bitter about my inability to go to the pool when I wanted to. It was supposed to be rainy all day, so the plan to do laundry and bake didn't seem like such a bad one when I scheduled it. Too bad it didn't rain and all those things still needed to be done ... inside ... not at the pool.

Well, I got over it. I finished all my "chores" and still had time for an evening run.

It was hot, y'all. Summer is here.

But, at 7 p.m., it wasn't unbearable. I completed Day 3 of Week 3, and let me tell you, I'm so very tempted to go straight into Week 4. These 3-minute running intervals are a little too easy for my liking. It's a really, really weird feeling.

When 3 minutes was up, I could keep running.

What?

No0o ...

I make myself stop. I don't want to get ahead of myself and wind up being disappointed. Granted, I am taking smaller, slower strides during these 3-minute runs, but still. Blowing my mind.

I'm going to do Week 3 at least one more time before doing the stupid thing and moving up a week.

By the way, today I saw a picture of myself from about a year ago. I'm in a very sleeveless top and holy cow, my wings are flapping in the wind! Being fat since I was little has provided me with the flappy arms of an 80-year-old woman. Only my flappy wings have fat in them and aren't just skin.

(How's that appetite? Good?)


Anyway, I'm happy to announce, my arms aren't that big anymore! YAY!

Wait. Enough celebrating, because they are most definitely NOT in a good place now. Just better than before. I'll find out how much in two weeks.

Two weeks. What's in two weeks?

Oh, I don't know ...

Maybe THE BEGINNING OF BOOT CAMP!

Omigod, time to start freaking out. Two weeks, people! Two weeks until I'm up at 5 a.m. and sweating profusely outside by 5:30 a.m. Then, I will continue to be beet red and sweaty until approximately 6 p.m. when I walk into my air conditioned apartment later that day. Why? Because I don't cool down quickly, people. Not at all, in fact. Better yet, I just scheduled two vacation days from work during boot camp. Which means I'll be up at 5 a.m. on my two days off. Geeeeniuuuuus!

Okay, you got me. Truth is, I'm scared. And I feel like whining about it.

Excuse me while I curl up in a ball on the floor and suck my thumb.

I know, I know ... it's hard but it's doable and I'm such a strong person and I'll be awesome at it and I'll feel awesome and what a great opportunity.

Groan. Where's my blankie?

No comments:

Post a Comment