Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Giggles: More Plus-Sized Activewear

In light of my recent ho-hums regarding running/exercise burn-out, I think it's a right-good time for a few giggles, don't you?

Back at the end of May, I spent the day with Caitlin, her family and her bestie. They were nice enough to invite me along for a trip to a giant thrift store clear on the other side of town. As a preface, thrift stores are generally tough places for plus-sized gals to shop. Clothes aren't often organized more than into categories like bottoms and tops, let alone into sizes or separated into regular sizes and "more to love" sizes. So unless you're an avid shopper who enjoys rummaging through miles of terribleness and things that don't fit (which I am most DEFINITELY not), it's not likely a big girl is going to find big girl clothes worth buying.

Well, I, ladies and gentlemen, hit the jackpot on this thrift shop trip. As I was wandering aimlessly behind Caitlin and her BFF, looking for the most terrible garments to hold up and make fun of, I found a sea--nay, an ocean--of plus-sized velour track suits!

Read my take on plus-sized active wear here.

Take a good long look at these BEAUTIES!
(Photos by the beautiful and talented Teresa B.)

This one was actually a really pretty color!
Sexy, for sure. Look how flattering those pants are to my figure!



SEAFOAM GREEN!
This one felt like I was wearing quilted window treatments. Instant sweat, ladies and gents.


I implore you, f you're out shopping somewhere and you stumble across velour track suits, please please please model them and take a picture and email it to me: moretoloverunning@gmail.com

And that is all for this evening. Thanks for sharing a giggle with me. =)

3 comments:

  1. um, would it surprise you to know i own a velour track suit? It was during my JLo, Jenny from the Block days (Would it surprise you to know I had a JLo, Jenny from the Block phase?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It also LOOKS like you're wearing quilted window treatments! :P

    Thrift shops are awesome, because even when there's no way to find something to wear, it's so easy to find things to make fun of. Love it.

    ReplyDelete