Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Calluses

Ran a "quick" two miles around the parking lot of my complex tonight so I could get home quickly to watch "So You Think You Can Dance," the only TV show I even watch anymore.

The run wasn't great. I'm convinced this parking lot and it's long, shallow inclines is a lot harder to run than some of the hilly paths I run.

Question time!

And of course, because it's me it has to be a topic no one wants to talk about.

Calluses!

How do bottom-of-foot calluses affect running? Should I keep them nice and smooth or are thicker calluses useful to runners like they can be for dancers?

Here's why I ask. I've been keeping in top of mine like a good girl. Not like I can show my ugly feet this summer because my toenails are 97% gone. On days when they're a little stiff from either a missed exfoliation or from a hard day in work shoes (devil...you dudes don't know how lucky you are), running hurts. And I don't even run on my toes (mid-foot strike, right here).

Now the balls of my feet have always been sensitive to -- well -- everything, so maybe it's just that and has nothing to do with calluses.

Anyway, just thought I'd put that out there and see what you all thought. Plus I miss your comments. I'm sure if I posted more than just lame "I ran today" updates, you'd have a reason to comment, right? Right.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. Holy cow! I had my first hardcore workout today and I have MAJOR calluses on my hands. I was TOTALLY going to write a blog about calluses too (great minds!)! As far as the feet are concerned, i have no idea. :) I couldn't imagine they'd be bad as long as they aren't causing you pain.

    ReplyDelete