Monday, June 6, 2011

Boot Camp Part Deux - Week 1, Day 1

Today was the first day of my second go-'round with Cincinnati Adventure Fitness Boot Camp for Women and holy cow what a difference a year makes! I gave myself a little laugh this afternoon and read my blog post from the first day of camp last year. (Read it here.)

Things definitely went differently this year. I knew that I shouldn't dive into it head-first like I did last year when I lunged with all my might with my heaviest weight. I knew that each exercise would be done in quick succession with other exercises and that the whole set would be repeated 3 or 4 times. I knew that the little running "track" ABC Linda tells us all to run on includes some deceptively steep hills.

Most importantly, I knew it could be fun if I let it be. And it was.

As soon as ABC Linda turned the music on and we started to warm up, I felt good. I was ready to roll.

I did have to take caution with my knees though, more than I've ever done. If anything, I think that helped me work on my form a bit.

Meh, anyway, on to day 2 and day 3, etc. I'm weighing myself every day after camp, too, so we can all see some real-time results. As usual, these numbers are actually completely wrong, disguised by my super-secret calculation that keeps my real weight a secret. (One of these days I'll be able to just share that number...but not today.) I'll weigh myself every day right after camp to get the most accurate number. And yes, I agree that weighing yourself everyday can be unhealthy, but only if you expect certain results every day. I do not. My weight has fluctuated 5 pounds within a day before. No big deal.

Weigh-ins
ABC2: W1D1 - 521.1

No comments:

Post a Comment