Sunday, May 1, 2011

Hello 4 a.m.!

Good morning. I'm drinking my cup of coffee before getting ready to leave for the Flying Pig Marathon, so I thought I'd do a little pre-race update. I got to bed later than I would have liked yesterday thanks to a to-do list that seemed to keep growing and a few small non-race-related dramas that popped up Friday and Saturday. Alas, I made it to Sunday and I'm as ready as I'm going to get for 13.1 miles.

No stomach upsets ... yet.

A few sore back muscles that I think are preparing themselves for later today.

A pair of tender-soled feet that are probably in the same boat as the back muscles.

Pockets full of gear for the race (gummy bears, hair ties, lip balm...).

Devoted fans that hopefully still make it to the course despite the forecasted downpour.

A HEAP of well-wishes from my Facebook community.

An encouraging greeting card from my caring coworkers.

A probably-sleepy mother who's getting ready to pick me up and head downtown to grab Sarah and then wait for 4 hours in the rain for me to cross the finish line.

One small tube of Biofreeze, one 32-ounce pump of Biofreeze (a generous gift), a bottle of Aleve, and a container of Epsom salts waiting for me at home.

So I think that's it. The coffee is almost done, which means it's time to gear up. I'm hoping I can get a blog up rather quickly after the run, so keep your eyes peeled.

I'm already ready for a nap...

No comments:

Post a Comment