Saturday, May 28, 2011

Creeping Knee Concerns - Woodland Mound 5/28

Short run this morning. I woke up not feeling it, got to the lark not feeling it, and pretty much stayed that way throughout the single mile I managed (thought I might do 3 miles). Not sure if my attitude kept me from doing well, or if my body was tired, or if the humidity got to me (not used to it yet), or if I'm just not used to morning runs anymore.

Despite all that, I somehow did okay. I'm going to credit the sweet downhill section.




I'm also starting to seriously wonder if my knees can handle running. I haven't posted much about it, but I've had knee pain while running since the Pig. Now it's migrating to the other knee and includes some behind-the-knee popping. Ugh, not cool.

Something to consider. Should I switch to walking until I can shed enough weight to take pressure off my knees? Would I keep up with the walking? I am a terrible walker. I'm slow.

Anyway, off to a busy day. Happy 3-day weekend for most of you! (I'm wrapping up a 10-day weekend myself.)

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment