Saturday, April 9, 2011

Blog Update From The Road

I had every intention of giving you all a brief update on my ride to Chicago yesterday, but it turns out my car-sickness is just as prominent as it's always been and I knew I'd be miserable if I tried to type something on my trusty iPhone.

So yes, I'm Chicago for my friend Anne's bachelorette party. I had considered bringing my running gear for a Saturday morning run (considering I'm almost always the first to wake up in a strange place), but I opted out.

I opted wrong.

Turns out Anne and one of her maids of honor were planning a 4-mile jaunt this morning. Granted, there's no way I would have been able to keep up with them since I'm such a penguin (slow runner). But I could have taken my own route. It's overcast and slightly cool here today and my legs feel like they're spring-loaded after the long car ride yesterday.

I'm going to play the blame game and pin this one on my BBW nature; if I didn't have to use very specific, heavy-duty equipment to strap my "girls" down, I could have improvised and hit the pavement.

Alas, no go. I probably could still take a walk...hmmm...

Anyway, I got 1.5 runs in this week. Caitlin and I cut the first one short because of a bit of a knee mishap for Caitlin. It's all good though, because I ran a really nice mile without stopping and clocked something like 13:40. That's not exactly fast, but it included a shoelace stop and something similar to a sand trap. (I had to bulldoze my way through a herd of soccer parents who decided it was a brilliant idea to block the ENTIRE pathway. Genius.)

Anyway, I went out the next day and had a bit of a rough time. My legs were stiff and generally not cooperative. Boooo!

And now I'm entering the days of increasing panic as we get closer to the Pig. I'm terrified. I'm even scared of the Rat Race 10k this coming weekend. Ugh...

Anyway, fundraising update...

I sold my carrot cake cupcakes at work to raise funds for Fernside (and awareness) and pulled in some serious dough. I've smashed my $300 goal by about $30. Woohoo! So I think I need to up my goal, or just see what I can do.

Would you like to donate? Let me know! I don't need all your contact info like I initially said I do. Just contact me and I'll let you know how you can give. Thanks!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. Sorry about the lack of communication on that one. And I didn't even run 4 miles (no way I was keeping up with Kathleen), so I just ran/walked around the city.

    BUT WE HAD FUN THE REST OF THE DAY, RIGHT!?!

    ReplyDelete