Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Slumpy Slump Slump

So, I want to try to post more often after reading that tidbit of advice on the Pioneer Woman's website, but it's difficult when I haven't been doing much. That's putting it lightly, actually. I feel lime a sloth this week. I just want to bury myself under several layers of blankets and sleep. The thought of physical activity sickens me at this moment.

Slump much?

I keep daydreaming about how much easier it will be when the weather warms up and the daylight extends past 6 p.m. Unfortunately I know my own ways and I'm afraid I won't be able to come through on those aspirations. For example, I want to up my runs per week to 4 or 5 instead of the 2 or 3 I maintained most of this past year, but my money says that my laziness will get the best of me.

I'm not exaggerating either. I am lazy. I could sit still and do nothing productive for days and be mostly okay with it, as long as I could spend some of those hours sitting outside on my balcony or just out in the sun.

So, with that being said, how on Earth am I going to keep myself moving this year? What's my motivation? I finished Couch to 5k already and I definitely need some sort of checklist similar to that to motivate me (I'm task-oriented, not goal-oriented). Will the Bridge to 10k app fit the bill? Any ideas for what I can do?

On that note, I'm off to bury myself under some blankets. Brrr!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment