Saturday, February 12, 2011

Day One Of The February Butt Kicking

I had a great run this afternoon at Otto Armleder Park. I planned on tackling the hills of the Five Mile Trail, but it's still just a teensy bit too cold for me to feel comfortable doing that on my own. And I'm a bit out of practice. But oh well, my slackertude led to a pretty great accomplishment.

Here are the stats for my run according to my iMapMyRun app.

First mile
Time - 11:50
Pace - 11:47 min/mile
Speed - 5.1 mph

Second mile
Time - 25:37
Pace - 12:48 min/mile
Speed - 4.7 mph

Frankly, I'm a bit shocked at my pace and speed. That's fast for me! When I last ran Juilfs, I was lucky to do pull off a 16 min/mile pace.

There are a few things to consider, though.
  1. I didn't include my warm up walk in this. I waited until I was ready to run to start tracking.
  2. The wind was at my back during the first mile.
  3. The wind was in my face during the second mile.
  4. Either the markers on the path are inaccurate or the app is. My app put me at 1 mile about 0.05 mile before the markers did. Just something to consider.
So anyway, great run today and I'm doing another one tomorrow with Caitlin. Yay!

This is just for fun ...

After my run this afternoon, I came home to make the filling for the chocolate chip whoopie pies I made for a party tonight. For future reference, melted chocolate plus marshmallow fluff plus a little butter looks like ... well ... be your own judge.

Whoopie poos!

No comments:

Post a Comment