Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Racing Daylight: Intervals

First announcement:
It is now late enough in the new year to run in a park after work! Yay daylight! Well, assuming I get home and get there quickly. I gave it a go today and headed to TQL. I figured it has the least trees (none) so nothing could block what daylight was left. I had plenty of time.

Second announcement:
I'm still trucking on this "run every day" thing that I'm attempting. I started Saturday and have managed to get out every day. Yes, it's only 4 days and yes, yesterday's run was HORRIBLE in so many ways, but I've done it.

Third announcement:
Yesterday's run was HORRIBLE! It was way colder than I thought it was, probably due to the wind. I went out without my gloves so the wind froze my hands. It also froze my leg muscles. My shins and quads were rock hard, inflexible, and burning. I only did one lap around the parking lot, and didn't even really finish that. According to my iMapMyRun app, I did about .75 miles before I pooped out and tried run-walking. Ugh.

Fourth announcement:
I will not be completing my "run every day" challenge because I'm skipping Friday and going to Joseph-Beth Booksellers to meet/get a book signed by The Pioneer Woman, Ree Drummond. YAY! I'm okay with missing a run for that, and I'll make it up over the weekend.

Fifth and final announcement:
I did something different for today's workout. I tried what seasoned runners might call "speed work." For me, it's probably like normal people running. I went back to Week 1, Day 1 of Couch to 5K (run 60 seconds, walk 90 seconds, repeat) and ran "fast" for 60 and walked/jogged for 90. It was fun! It was definitely challenging and I felt like I did when I started running about a year ago. I'm not doing it to gain speed in my running, but as a way to build new muscles and possibly lose some weight. I got the idea from the most recent issue of Women's Health.

So yeah, that's what's up. That and Jeopardy is awesome this week! Ha!

1 comment:

  1. Agree with all great points and announcements! (especially the Jeopardy one).

    ReplyDelete