Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Foggy Saturday At Armleder

I'm a little behind in my posts, and I apologize for that. But I have pictures!

Saturday's run at Armleder wasn't so good. I had a bit of an upset stomach and it kept me from completing even one loop (1.9 miles). I did finish just about a mile before wandering down to the river to get some pictures. Then I walked about a half mile more after the photo shoot.

Saturday was a sunny, warm morning, but when I got close to the park, I found a thick blanket of fog covering the entire Little Miami River valley, including Armleder. It made for some interesting pictures and kept the sun off my head for a little.

Anyway, on to pictures!  (And I'll post about Monday night's run soon.)

All pictures Copyright 2011 MoreToLoveRunning, so don't steal them, because they're just that good.

By the way, check out this blog entry for pictures of Armleder without the fog, just to see the contrast.

 Fog. And birds in a tree. Exciting.

 Fog. And a car. Check out the sun, though! 
It was about 9:30 a.m. and that sun was BLARING on top of Beechmont hill.




 
After my failed run, I took a walk down to the river.
Sadly, there was no Matt Foley living in a van down by the river, but there was this sweet photo opp. "Whoops a daisy."
(Looking south down the bank of the Little Miami)

Down the river. Some remaining fog.



 Up the river. When I first got down there, a kayaker was "docking" and getting out, but I thought I'd avoid being stalker-y and took downstream pics instead. Sorry if I failed you.

Ah, there we go. Some sunlight.




I just love it here! So pretty!








1 comment:

  1. I wanna run in fog! That's probably the only way I'd want to run in daylight hours.

    Very nice pictures! Kind of makes me realize what I'm missing by running around city blocks all the time. Seems like there would lots of bugs in the summer -- don't they get in your mouth when you're running? :)

    ReplyDelete