Monday, March 14, 2011

That Smelled Like A Spring Rain

I went for a run at Juilfs this evening, this first weekday of Daylight-saving time. Unfortunately I didn't beat the rain. It started barely sprinkling halfway through my second lap/mile, but I decided to keep at it for the planned 3 miles.

And I loved it. In fact, if it weren't for fear of my phone getting wet (my armband has an open front so you can access the touch screen), I'd run in the rain more often. It's refreshing.

The beat part of today's run was realizing that the rain smelled like Spring rain. It's completely different from nasty winter rain. There's something earthy and tangy about the smell. That, paired with the lovely extended daylight, made my day and made my run enjoyable.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment