Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Roaring Twenties

Tonight I said goodbye to running in my 20s, and I did it with a roar!

Caitlin (and Emalynn) and I pounded out 3 miles on the Little Miami Trail this evening. For some reason, a little less than a mile in, I felt like I wanted to kick it up a bit. And boy howdy did I! I feel like I felt a new stride or something. Could be the new shoes. Could be the perfect running weather. Could be that I was wearing pants instead of shorts and my leg muscles stayed nice and warm. Could be that I was just feeling like getting one last good run in before my 20s are over.

My 30th birthday is Friday and for once I'm thrilled to celebrating my birthday. That's not usually how I roll. Not a big birthday gal. It's not about getting older; I just don't like the forced attention and all that jazz. But last year I vowed that I was doing my 30th "the right way," and that I am. Big party! Woot!

So, farewell my dear 20s. You're the decade that taught me who I am, taught me what's important to me, brought me to my career, and taught me to love running! Cheers to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment