Sunday, October 2, 2011

Pumped Up Kicks

I got new shoes!!!

Definitely unplanned, total fluke. I had to return a pair of shoes to DSW for my mom and, since I had used a $5 off birthday coupon for the previous purchase, the associate there convinced me to look around so I didn't lose the coupon.

So, straight back to the clearance section I went.

"10 & up" women's shoes? No luck.

"10 & up" men's? Score! The first thing I saw was the exact shoe I've been running in for more than a year now. Mizunos Wave Inspire or some jazz. I was tickled pink at the prospect of getting the same shoes since I know they worked.

Oh, but what's this? There are other running shoes on clearance? Hmmm...

Oooh, black with red? Do they fit? Yep! Are they squishy? Yep! Bounce, bounce ... Run a few steps ... Play with the laces ... Up on my toes ... Look in the mirror.

I liked. I bought. Yay clearance!



Saucony Shadow Genesis


Oh and here's a sampling of the plus-sized activewear section at JCPenney:



Velour track suits, baby!

To give JCPenney credit, they do have a pretty great selection of functional activewear for fluffy women. They even had a track jacket with thumb holes! (ooooooh! aahhhhhh!)



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment