Thursday, July 22, 2010

One More Day!

I'm almost going to miss 4:40 a.m. Almost.

Tomorrow is my last day at Adventure Boot Camp and I'm not sure how I feel about that. I'm glad that I made it through. I'm proud of my improvement. I'm in disbelief that I returned after the terrible experience I gave myself on the first day. I'm sad that I can't dish out the dough for more and more and more sessions. I'm worried that I won't keep up the workout routine (outside of running). I'm happy that I can sleep in a little later if I want to. I'm already nostalgic about not seeing the ducks in the morning anymore. I'm so very thankful to ABC Linda for being an awesome trainer and for putting up with my whining and for encouraging me to come back after the first day. I'm going to miss boot camp. There, I said it.

Here's what I'm not going to miss:

planks, skinned elbows and knees (from doing modified planks), the hilly running "track," being soaked through before getting into the shower (sweat), the extra laundry from the profuse amount of sweaty t-shirts I went through, my stinky weight lifting gloves, carrying my weights to base camp every morning, carrying my weights back to my car after boot camp every morning, watching my sweat drip from my face to the ground while doing anything bent over, goose/duck poop, planks (yeah, it needs to be said twice), partner exercises, mountain climbers, and trying to digest juice or food so soon after waking up.

But, despite the length of that list, I'd do it again in a heartbeat. Each of those crappy things also made me pretty happy in certain ways. Except planks. Okay maybe planks too, since they got a little easier when I figured out how to deal with my crappo knees and learned how to modify them.

So, let's have three cheers for my last day of getting up at 4:40 a.m. Hip hip!

But, getting up early hasn't been as hard as I anticipated. In fact, it was easier to get up for boot camp at an extra early hour than it is to get up for work at a regular hour.
  1. Workout clothes are more comfortable than work clothes
  2. Gym shoes are better than ANY shoes (even flip flops)
  3. Boot camp time delayed work time
  4. I had much more time to wake up before work
  5. 5 a.m. = no traffic whatsoever
I feel like I have so much more to say, but I do want to save some for my next post. Tomorrow I'll get my final timed mile, and Saturday I get a post-evaluation from the ABC folks. I should have lots to talk about on Saturday afternoon, especially if I can find my measurements card from my old gym. I'm pretty sure I've dropped major inches, but since I didn't get a pre-evaluation (registration/paperwork drama), I can't check my progress unless I find that card. I'll keep looking!

One more thing! Today I ran 4 laps around the running track without stopping. That's 4/5 (0.8) of a mile! I'm sooooo close to a mile I can taste it! I've never EVER ran that far without stopping. EVER. Not even when I was a wee one. YIPPEE!

I'll see you all on the flip side. Please send thoughts of happy leg muscles and oxygenated lungs my way tomorrow morning or tonight before bed!

Coming soon ... Beckey returns to running!

No comments:

Post a Comment